REGISTRATION OPENS OCT 15
The AE Battle Royale is an online video competition for Solos, Duets & Trios!
This competition challenges dancers to film & submit an amateur video of themselves dancing original choreography for adjudication & consideration.This is being judged as a dance competition – be creative, use your iPhone – you do not have to be filmed professionally to enter!
- All entries will receive an adjudication sheet via email. Judged by an industry pro!
- Semi-finalists will be announced and re-promoted online by AE! Entries with the most SHARES after 1 week at this stage will win BONUS POINTS.
- Finalists will be chosen and invited to perform LIVE on stage at Artists Emerge on Saturday, March 4, 2018 for Cash & Prizes!
- This registration/competition is intended for individuals. Studios/Companies do not register for solos/duets/trios in bulk. You do not have to belong to a studio/company/team to register.
- Register Your Solo, Duet, Trio online before Dec 1, as an individual. This is not for studio bulk registration
- Payment is required to secure your entry. Payment is accepted online.
- Shoot your solo/duet/trio video. Pro or amateur filming – all is welcome!
- Scroll Down to review video guidelines
- Upload your video on your channel (FB, IG, Youtube) with the hashtag #aeroyale
- Entering in your video for both AE & REP? Use both official hashtags on 1 video.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your video link b4 Jan 20.
- This is a required step to be considered for ajudication + finals.
- OCT 15: REGISTRATION OPENS
- DEC 1: REGISTRATION CLOSES
- DEC 2 – JAN 5: LATE REGISTRATION PERIOD
- JAN 20: DEADLINE TO EMAIL VIDEO LINKS FOR CONSIDERATION
- JAN 21-31: ADJUDICATION PERIOD
- FEB 1-3: ADJUDICATION SHEETS EMAILED TO COMPETITORS
- FEB 1: SEMI-FINALISTS VIDEOS ANNOUNCED + RELEASED FOR SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING
- FEB 5: DEADLINE FOR SOCIAL MEDIA SHARING BEFORE FINALISTS ARE CHOSEN
- FEB 9: FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
Novice (avg age 7-10)
Junior (avg age 11-13)
Varsity (avg age 14-18)
– Beginner – Advanced
Adult (avg age 19+)
– Beginner – Advanced
Open Category accepts all ages
DID YOU KNOW?
One adjudicator will be reviewing the videos, providing written feedback + scoring
Scoring is out of 100. Choreography: 50 pts | Execution: 40 pts | Creativity: 10 pt*
*Quality of camera/filming will not be judged. This competition is for amateur videography as well as pro!
Adjudication sheets will be emailed to entries on Jan 26.
- Semi-Finalists will be contacted via email to submit their videos to Artists Emerge.
- Semi-Finalists will be announced on social media and relaunched via the Artists Emerge official channels.
- The top highest scoring videos will be chosen from each division from Edm & Van separately.
- Less or more semi-finalists may be chosen depending on the # of entries received per division
- Semi-Finalists must actively promote their re-launched videos to gain bonus points via # of SHARES.
- Up to 5 bonus points will be added to all original entry scores based on the number of shares per video.
- Finalists will be announced on the official AE Social Media channels.
- The top highest scoring routines from YEG entries and the top from the YVR entries will be announced as the finalists
- All finalists will be invited to perform the same or a NEW routine live at the YVR and/or YEG ALL STARS
$3000 in cash prizing!
Bonus Prize for Most Shared video!
How to name your videos:
- Dancer Name/Crew Name – Experience Divison – Age Dvision – City #AEROYALE #ARTISTSEMERGE
- ex. John Smith – Intermediate – Varsity – Edmonton #AEROYALE #ARTISTSEMERGE
Videos must be shot:
- Primarily front-facing shots so choreography is clear
- Clean surroundings
- Cuts/Video editing is allowed for creative purposes
- Multiple shoot locations are allowed
- Quality of camera/video will not be judged. iPhones and amateur filming is welcomed!
- Be Creative!!!
Videos must be downloadable
- Suggested sites: YouTube, Vimeo, WeTransfer, Hightail
- Video file size must be no more than 100 MB
- Video Length: Max. 2 mins./routine
- Solos/Duets/Trios may only enter one routine per division
- Individual dancers in a duet or trio may enter in more than one routine
- Routines may only be entered once in a competition year per city.
- Online entry form and registration fee must be paid and completed to qualify